Hey, neighbors! I’m back with your new copy of the Reno Daily. Let’s start this day off on the right foot, with a brief overview of the most important things happening in town these days.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Sunny; windy in the afternoon. High: 97 Low: 62.
Big love to our first local sponsor. We couldn’t keep the community informed without you!
Looking for something different for your next night on the town? Check out Smashin’ Good Time, an axe-throwing and smash-room bar that’s perfect for a fun night out with friends, a unique first date, or just to get away from everyday stress. As the only smash venue in the Reno area, Smashin’ Good Time also offers darts, pool tables, and a full bar and dining experience. Visit them here today to make your reservations – Reno Daily readers use code SMASHTHROW10 for 10% off.
Click here to feature your business in this spot.
Here are the top three stories in Reno today:
- A new report from market research firm Yardi Matrix points out that 94% of Reno apartments built in the past decade are classified as luxury apartments. This statistic highlights the city’s inability to provide affordable housing for low-income families. A luxury unit in Reno averages 999 square feet of space, while a standard unit has 769 square feet. (Nevada Current)
- Is the current real estate market making you feel a bit overwhelmed? Patch and Redfin.com have partnered to create a helpful list of the latest Reno properties to hit the market. Click to view the full property listing which includes property prices, photos and dimensions. (Reno Patch)
- The Biggest Little City Wing Fest returns for its eighth year in Reno. The festival will take place Friday, July 29 and Saturday, July 30, outside THE ROW on Virginia Street. Entrance to the festival is free. There will be over 15 different chicken wing vendors for attendees to enjoy. (roseville today)
From our sponsor:
Staying hydrated is key to performing at your best mentally and physically. every day, but the popular electrolyte drinks on the market today are loaded with sugar and artificial ingredients. LMNT is a tasty electrolyte drink mix with everything you need and nothing you don’t. LMNT is formulated to help anyone with their electrolyte needs and is perfectly suited for those following a keto, low carb, or paleo diet, and it’s made without any junk foods – no sugar, no coloring, no artificial ingredients, no gluten, and no fillers. Order your LMNT today and get a free gift with your purchase.
Today in Reno:
- Reno City Council Meeting At Reno City Hall (10:00 AM)
- Feed the camel At the McKinley Arts and Culture Center (5:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Please follow and stay informed. See you soon!
— Dominique-Noelle Rafael
About me: Dominique is a self-taught UX/UI designer based in Princeton, NJ. She recently graduated from the University of Maryland last spring with a bachelor’s degree in information science. She is excited to start working on the Patch newsletter project this year!